Portugal can't quit the the cult of Bimby.
It costs 1,327$
Promise to make cooking cheap and easy
Looks like a food processor with a stainless-steel container and a steaming unit that weighs ingredients, chops , grates, blends ,beats mixes and cooks all under the control of a timer that let s cook step away from the kitchen until the food is ready.
There is no spontaneity buying the ingredients, cooking an even seasoning food, since every thing is already measured programmed and mechanized through their recipes.
Job of chief executive of the most powerful operation in the history of the world requires not executive experience
Presidential campaign is supposed to test also candidate managerial skills but the army of campaign manager, fundraisers and press secretaries running the show make it difficult to assess.
Leader job is to create a vision and inspire the follower to pursue it. Manager's job is to make the vision tangible.
Some leaders may be good managers but a sterling manager doesn't necessarily have the charismatic gene.
Some people may be born leaders , but most master the skill by painful experiences.
A manager learns that having the right idea or strategy isn't the goal but the obligatory first step in the process
Getting the plan or deal or product executed properly is the job.
Even the most brilliant staffers have weaknesses.
With the 20th century, governors who had experience administering their states increasing took over generally for the better.(William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt and Calvin Coolidge)
The only American president who ever managed a mammoth enterprise before entering a White House wasn't a business executive at all: Dwight D. Eisenhower , who ran the Allied effort in Europe in World War II and masterminded D-Day, the largest and masterminded D-Day, the largest and most complicated Military operation in history. Derided in his Oval Office days as a smiling do-little, IKe is increasingly recognized today as a slyly adroit president.
Jimmy Carter who was nuclear submarine engineer, didn't have a successful presidency
John F. Kennedy came up with "Excom" strategy team that brilliantly managed the Cuban Missile Crisis.
There are interesting comments. Best Presidents were those who were ably to carry with them the opposition's leader.
1. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - By Stephen Covey
2. 8th habit: from Effective to greatness - By Stephen Covey
3. Getting Things Done - The Art of Stress-Free Productivity - By David Allen
4. The Now habit - A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play
5. Greatest Salesman in the world - By Og Mandino
6. Think and grow Rich
7. Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
8. You can win - Shiv Khera
2. Leadership wisdom - Robin Sharma
3. Decisive - Chip Health & Dan Health
4. Switch - Chip Health & Dan Health
5. Made to Stick - Chip Health & Dan Health
1. 4 hour work week - By Timothy Ferriss
2. The 4-hour body - By Timothy Ferriss
3. The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less - By Richard Koch
4. Kiss that Frog
5. Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time
6. The monk who sold his Ferrari - Robin Sharma
7. The Power of your subconscious mind - Joesph Murphy
8. the gifts of imperfection - Brene Brown
9. Daring Greatly - Brene Brown
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos showcased a drone delivery system
called Prime Air on 60 Minutes this past weekend. The idea is that package
below five pounds can be delivered straight from Amazon distribution centers to
customers within 30 minutes using drones.
We learned this week that Google acquired seven robotics
companies , which according to a New York Times report , “are capable of
creating technologies needed to build a mobile , dexterous robot. “
Google has been experimenting with driver less cars, and is
actually running a same-day delivery service in California, so it is definitely
interested in human less logistics for lack of better term
Google’s Andy Rubin,
the engineer behind the Android operating system who is now heading up the
company’s robotics effort said “I have a history of making my hobbies into a
Google co-founder Larry Page , who has argued that
technology should be deployed to free humans from drudgery and repetitive