Managers vs. Programmers
Do Managers work? Do programmers document?
1. Don’t step on someone’s shoes.
2. Prioritize the work
1. Start developing people
2. Delegate. Believe the people
4. Hire best, fire worst
5. “Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he’ll eat for a lifetime.”
6. Share the vision
7. Be careful about your role. As a manager, it is your duty to optimize available resources, meaning that if you’re the best programmer on the team, you management rolw will require you to take on the programmer role, leaving no room for managing… instead, as a manager, user your programming skills to seek out programmers that are better than you and put your trust in your own judgment of their skills.
• Leadership means to focus the actions of your team on a defined goal
• You define the goals but should let your team members as much freedom of action as possible and only limit where its necessary because of the integrity and coherence of the project and your set goals.
• Leadership requires to have respect for your team member, trusting them in their decisions
• In order to reach your goals, team members need to understand your intentions. Communcate the reasons for your decisions. Be honest about it.
Management also demands much more developed time management and communication skills, so brush up on your ability to truly listen to your employees and co-workers. A good leader must take into consideration the need of his or her followers in order to be successful. When a manager listens to his or her employees, he will garner respect from them and possible increase his or her understanding os his colleagues.
Refactoring is a disciplined technique of making changes to software code structure, altering its internal structure without affecting its ...
Survic has very nicely argued that database storage and retrieval is 80% ( I would say 70%) portion of application. Mocks ups, Screen Desig...
Architecture - client requires at least rudimentary skills in these areas. What is SOA? Benefits? SOA principles for WS? Name standard arc...
Petshop Architecture 4.0 I have used earlier Petshop Architecture. It left a mixed feeling. It was simple to start with but not extensible...