How does this guy get the time to read and try all this stuff.
Excellent and cool list.
1. New Architectural Guidance coming from patterns and practice.
2. The general direction of xUnit
My Comment: I will stick with MSTest right now.
3. AAA syntax and mocking styles in Rhino Mocks and Moq.
My Comment: Loved it. I liked more Moq for its simplicity but keep Rhino Mocks as back up.
4. Nate Kohari's approach to convention based setter injection in Ninject
My Comment: Interesting. I am okay with Configuration or Custom Attributes approach for AOP. Convention approach sounds little backward but can be handy in certain situations.
5. Autofac’s extensibility Model
My Comment: Another DI framework
7. New Language features in .NET 3.5
1) Lambda expression
3) Object Initializer
4) Collection Initializer
5) Extension Methods
6) Anonymous Types
7) Auto Implemented Methods
8) Partial Methods
8. Expression Tree
My Comment:- It sounds more like command pattern. There may be more. I need to investigate more into this.
11. Linq to NHibernate and Linq in general of course
My Comment: Since Generics in .NET2.0, LINQ is best thing that has happened in .NET3.5
12. More powerful Auto Mapping and convention support for Fluent Nhibernate
My Comment:- I will stick to LINQ for SQL time being. I hated the XML configuration for Nhibernate as it was error prone. Active record was a compromise.
13. Bellware's SpecUnit assertion extensions
My Comment:- Makes unit test more readable and maintainable.
14. Fluent Fixture
15. Prism Project
Composite Application Guidance for WPF
My Comment- MVC rocks
17. Common Service Locator
18. Any Tool written by Jet Brains
19. AutoMocker and Interaction Context base Classes
20. Dino Esposito's latest book on .Net architecture
My Comment:- I did a quick reading at book store. My rating 5 out of 5.
21. Ben Scheirman's new fluent API for testing routes in MVC
22. Rake Build Tool
24. DotNetRock Guest List
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Stuff that Jeremy do like
Posted by Vikas